Looking for 2CV

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 participants, and was last updated by  John 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Alan Simpson
    Participant

Hi Folks,

I have been a very long time admirer of the 2CV. Life takes its twists and turns and I am now looking to purchase a 2CV. I am looking for a car that is structurally sound, preferably not full of rot in the body, and mechanically OK. I want to be able to drive it, fettle it over time, and generally enjoy it whilst in my custody, and then hopefully much later then pass it on for someone else to enjoy. So I am not neccessarily looking for the immaculate, but more of a working canvas. A working project if you like.

If anyone out there has a 2CV that is possibly for sale or if you might know of one for sale, I am quite keen. I am in SW Victoria.

Thanks and Cheers, Alan

John
    Head honcho

Alan Simpson
    Participant

Thanks for that, for some reason it hasn’t popped up in my daily check

Alan Simpson
    Participant

I have managed to purchase a 1984 2CV from Hobart. Celeste as it will be known. A working project. Excellent chassis, mechanicals OK at 100,000 miles. Body looks good but has rot in floor and a few places but generally not bad for the age. It has been complianced in Aus since 1999. So I am a happy fellow right now.

Cheers, Alan

Attachments:

John
    Head honcho
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.