Is it the carb?

2CV Club Australia Forums 2CV Technical Is it the carb?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 participant, and was last updated by  Woolyhat 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Woolyhat
    Participant

Hello everyone.

Could I please ask for some hints and tips related to my recently purchased 2CV?

I have just returned to Australia from a small stint in the UK. We landed on Thursday.

I wanted to surprise my wife on our 10th anniversary with a 2CV to use at home (we had one as a wedding car). I bought the 2CV unseen from Perth and had it shipped and registered in Melbourne.

The 2CV had been described as restored. I wasn’t expecting concourse, I think I can now say it has been “sympathetically” restored.

The motor was described to “run like a sewing machine”

But….

It runs like an absolute pig. I picked it up yesterday. It doesn’t idle at all, and is very very lumpy.

I suspected (and smelled) that it was running rich.

I took the plugs out this morning and they were black!

Put new plugs in with my fingers crossed. No joy :(

So, perhaps I need to pay some attention to the carb?

The mystery is that my friend who registered the car for me said it ran very well (like a 2CV) but very well.

So, before I tread down a probably well proven path. Can I please ask if there are any Melbourne based 2CVers that would like to share their knowledge or even pop around for a tea/coffee and  look at a new 2CV addition to Victoria.

Thanks

Martin

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.