Saturday 27 February
8.00 am: Gathering of 2CV convoy at usual Brisbane meeting place: Anzac Park, Dean Street, Toowong.
Sorry about the ‘SHARP’ business below, but if we get cracking we can stop and relax later at more picturesque spots.
8.30 am SHARP: Depart Toowong on M3, heading for Beaudesert (73.3km).
(Take M5 then Logan Motorway/M2. From Logan Motorway take National Route 13 exit.)
9.30: Depart Beaudesert for Lions Road
- From Beaudesert, head towards Rathdowney on Mt Lindsay Highway.
- Before Rathdowney, and just after Tamrookum, turn left onto Innisplain Road, which becomes Running Creek Road and eventually Lions Road.
- Roadwork done recently – taking out a few exciting bits – but still very picturesque.
- Road upkeep donation box at border.
- Watch out for cows. (Attention Leigh Owen.)
Suggested stops, depending on time and inclination:
10.30 am: Andrew Drynan Park. Morning tea (BYO thermos and snacks) and dip in creek (?). Approx 46 km from Beaudesert.
11.15 am: Spiral Loop Lookout. Bird’s eye view of Brisbane-Sydney rail line as it loops around hill like a toy train set. Approx 10 km from Andrew Drynan Park.
11.45 am: Grady’s Creek.
- Good photo opportunity under a very tall rail bridge.
- Approximately 5 km from the Spiral Loop.
- Lions Road ends at a T-junction at Summerland Way.
- Turn left, head towards Kyogle.
- Approximately 20 km from T-junction.
- From Kyogle, head towards Federal via Lismore (Not Casin0).
- Approximately 73 km Kyogle to Federal.
1.00 pm: Arrive at Federal for lunch
- Doma Japanese Café 3-6 Albert Street Federal
- May need to queue, but worth it.
- Lovely people, beautiful food and vibe.
4-5.00 pm: Arrive at Brunswick Heads accommodation, Brunswick Heads River Inn
- Cost: $179 per room, payable on arrival. Bookings are everybody’s own responsibility.
- Walk along and across river to beach and inlet is highly recommended, particularly in the late afternoon before …
7.00/7.30 pm: Pub dinner next door at:
- Hotel Brunswick
Sunday 28 February
9.00 am -ish: Depart for Bangalow for brunch at either:
- Downtown, or
- Our Corner Kitchen
- Depends where we can get best/quickest table. It will be possible, but can’t book ahead. Seems to be the rule around these parts.
11.30 am -ish: Stroll around Bangalow. Girls may wish to do a wee bit of shopping. Just a little bit … just one or two shops …
Route home still to be decided …
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.