Question on importing 1959 2CV & seat belts requirements to get Vic club plates?

2CV Club Australia Forums 2CV Technical Question on importing 1959 2CV & seat belts requirements to get Vic club plates?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 participants, and was last updated by  Grant Williams 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Grant Williams
    Participant

Hi

I am currently living in France and wanted to bring a souvenir back with me when I return to Melbourne late in 2019. I am about to pull the trigger on the purchase of a 1959 2CV AZ PO. The car was in a barn since 1981 and recovered late last year and restored. Like most classics in France, it does not have any seatbelts.

I have some questions.

1. Any expected hurdles I might face bringing the car back with me. Car has new brakes, etc. so should be no asbestos issues.
    2. I understand that I will need to get seat belts fitted if I want to get the car registered in Victoria on Club Plates. Are lap belts acceptable in the front or will I need to get lap sash belts?
    3. Is it even possible to fit lap sash belts in a car of this age? When I looked at the car there was no real B pillar to speak of as both from and rear doors appear to share a common hinge.

Any advice appreciated, especially regarding the belts, as I am having no end of trouble trying to get any response from apparent experts on the topic that I have been referred to.

Thanks in anticipation.

John
    Head honcho

Grant Williams
    Participant

Thanks John, that was useful.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.