Importing a 2CV in QLD

2CV Club Australia Forums 2CV Babble Importing a 2CV in QLD

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Laurent 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Laurent
    Participant

Hi all,

I am planning to import my 1987 2CV6 from France into QLD (Cairns) in November. I went through the list of modifications I will need to make. I have a 2 questions though:

– Child restraints: I have no children and I will be unlikely to drive kids in the 2CV, are they compulsory?

– Side Impact Protection System: how much does it roughly cost?

Also, do you know a good engineer in the Cairns area who will be willing to send me a quote for these modifications? I want just want to know how much the whole import process will cost me to see if it’s worth importing my car.

Thanks for your help guys.

Cheers
    Laurent

John
    Keymaster

As far as I know, you do not need seat belts or child restraints points if you only want to register the 2CV as a two-seater.

But I’ll see if I can find a few people to look at your question that know more. Replies might be a bit slow because they might just be leaving on the raid this Sunday.

Laurent
    Participant

Hi John,

Thank you very much for your reply. Please let me know if you hear from them.

Cheers

Les Griffiths
    Participant

Hi Laurent  I also live in Cairns and I have had a Mehari registered in my name in Provence since 2009,,,the Carte Grise states that it is a 1974 model. The chassis certainly is but the body/running gear/suspension were all sourced new from Club de Mehari at Cassis and assembled by a Citroen dealer near where I cycle every year,,from what I have read, I will never be able to bring this French gem to Australia

Les Griffiths

Laurent
    Participant

Hi all,

I did manage to import my 2CV in Cairns, I am so happy!!!!! And I got lucky no modification was required :)

But I am struggling to get the RWC. I went to Kmart auto in Smithfield and everything is fine except that they don’t have the tool to check to rear brakes. Do you guys know where I can find it here? Really frustrating not being able to drive my 2CV because of that.

Thank you for your help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.