Temporary import into Australia – Carnet

If you are visiting Australia for a holiday or a raid, you may temporarily import your vehicle to Australia by presenting a valid carnet to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection at the port where the vehicle arrives in Australia.

A Carnet de Passage en Douane is an international agreement which allows the temporary importation of a vehicle for up to 12 months by visitors to Australia. The Carnet de Passage en Douane is obtained in your country of residence.

You can find out more here:

Please comment below when any of these links becomes broken, thanks.

Author: John

2CV driver since 1977 when getting my license :)

Leave a Reply